.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Laboratory of the Mind

An experiment in embracing the blogosphere.

Friday, February 25, 2005

Blogging and Personality

This blog has been up for a few days now, but already I have noticed a few strange things.

Firstly, by my nature, I tend to be blunt and direct. In essence, I am very much an "all or nothing" kind of person.

Strangely though, I find myself holding back when it comes to writing this blog. It may be that I am reluctant to fully vent on a public forum. Perhaps I do not wish to slate a student or acquaintance who has annoyed me in a way which is both permanent and easily viewable.

At the moment, though a few people do know of its existence, I have not told anyone the location of this blog. People cannot accost me for what they have not read.

However, I certainly hope that will change once I find my feet and a purpose. Hence my reticence.

Secondly, I am surprised at how my personality must appear on this blog.

I find myself sounding very serious, considered, and elitist.

While I could be accused of those traits from time to time (and I will always be the first to admit arrogance), I doubt anyone who knows me would consider them immediately obvious.

Perhaps I am treating this thing too seriously.

A very interesting experiment, all the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home