.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Laboratory of the Mind

An experiment in embracing the blogosphere.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

My PhD Thesis

It has finally come down to it.

My PhD thesis is due tomorrow, but I have applied for Dean's Grace, which gives me a month's extension.

Right now, my calendar consists of lecturing in DIT, working in the office, and maintaining human contact via text message.

I am taking time out of my busy schedule tomorrow night to go to the cinema (A History of Violence), but only because I would like to not go mental. Also, were I not present, the Flaming Redhead and the Chameleon would invent nasty stories about me behind my back (it is what they do), so I need to get the digs in early and knock everyone off-balance.

Giving up football has been particularly hard. I console myself with the fact that it will not be for long. It is surprising how much time it takes up, to be honest. I seem to have a lot more time to devote to this PhD dissertation now I am on hiatus.

Words cannot effectively articulate how much I want to finish.

2 Comments:

At 29/9/05 21:38, Blogger Rustynails9 said...

We don't need to invent nasty stories, like I said we've got enough to be going on with thanks to you.

TFR

 
At 30/9/05 16:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Words can't articulate how badly you want to finish?

How about:

I am wasting time on this blog when I should be finishing my goddamn stinkin' bottomless pit of a PhD.

I think that articulates it pretty well.

And it's surprising that a PhD should take up so much of your time?

Really? You're surprised?

You'd have thought that the surprise would have worn off after 6 years.

Now stop reading this and get back to work, you slacker! :)

Dr. Chameleon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home