.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Laboratory of the Mind

An experiment in embracing the blogosphere.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Personals

Because the Lawyer is an evil bastard, he decided he would trawl through the personal ads of the Evening Herald on Monday night, trying to find a suitable partner for me.

He then started to draft a sample personal for me, one that was guaranteed to get results. Apparently.

Ever the funnyman, his attempt was laden with adjectives such as "entertaining" and "good sense of humour". He had himself a time, as well you might imagine.

Two good things did appear as a result of this though.

First of all, how would you describe yourself in a personal ad? I toyed with this one for a while, trying to make it funny, but then had a brainwave, the second good thing to come of the whole sorry affair.

How ridiculous could you make the personal ad, and would you get any responses?

The ad we came up with was:

Deranged psychopath, with penchant for knives, seeks young female 16-30 with a taste for experimentation. Must have all original limbs and a pulse.
I would LOVE to post that, and am sorely tempted to do so. It would be even better if I could put the Author or the Chameleon's number at the end, but I imagine the newspapers have safeguards against it.

If I decide to do it, and make no mistake, it would be a risk, I will keep my loyal readers informed.

1 Comments:

At 26/9/05 12:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put phase two on hold I've reassessed my opinion!

TFR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home