.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Laboratory of the Mind

An experiment in embracing the blogosphere.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

My Parents

My parents are hilarious.

Michael and Patricia no longer have the financial burden of two children in college. They now travel the world on a regular basis.

They go abroad so often these days that Padraic (who is engaged to my sister) suggested that they charter their own airplane. They average about 5 trips abroad a year, including weekends away.

Normally, my parents have an uncannily bad timing for phone calls. So much so, I feel guilty for cutting them off.

Once they go abroad, you hear nothing.

I received the following text from my mother this morning:

Well micko just arrived in syd opera house bridge etc what can i say brill time in melbourne brisbane sun great country 25 deg

Fantastic stuff.

That was a particularly long and descriptive message.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home