.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Laboratory of the Mind

An experiment in embracing the blogosphere.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The Cinema

I love the cinema. I usually go very regularly (usually around three times a month), but lately I have never quite managed it, due to football, a lack of desirable films, and other miscellanous reasons.

Tonight I return to form. I am going to see "Garden State" again. A fantastic film, I am bringing companions. As yet, our fellowship has not been fully determined, but I am one of them. Our task is not without its dangers.

The UGC has a perilous beauty, like the fey forests of old: the snack area on the second floor.

The long and multi-coloured wall of sweets beckons as you pass like a siren, beguiling wretched disaccharide-dependants such as your humble narrator, singing in the cracklingly dulcet chorus of carbonated-drinks dispensers, scoop-filled popcorn tubs providing a rhythmical percussion.

I may find the will to resist, but will I really want to?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home