.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Laboratory of the Mind

An experiment in embracing the blogosphere.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Spartak Dynamo

I am a huge football fan, and I follow nearly all types. I play for a soccer club here in Dublin called Spartak Dynamo. Fr. Manning Gaels is my local GAA club back in Drumlish, Co. Longford. As for the NFL, I am probably a bit too detached to follow one team but have always had a soft spot for the Jets and the 49ers. I have a natural affinity for the Patriots style of "team before individuals." I consider their success a good omen for the sport.

My father was a very talented soccer player. Alas, while not as naturally gifted as he was, I definitely inherited his passion for the game. I joined Spartak just after Christmas in 2002. My position was originally centre-midfield.

These days I play in lots of positions, though usually at fullback or wingback, generally for the second team. Recently, however, I have played at centre-half for the first team.

This season we are playing terrible. All three Spartak teams are down near the bottom, and wins are scarce. There are various reasons for this (and now is not the time for the discussion).

I think I will start to blog our games however.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home