.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Laboratory of the Mind

An experiment in embracing the blogosphere.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Titles I Would Use Were I Ever to Record an Album

As a teenager, I was in a band. This surprises a lot of people. Especially when they learn we were pretty good.

We did a few of our own songs, but a few of the members were more into doing cover songs well, so it died once we went to university. A few years back, we got together for a few gigs like my sister's 21st birthday party (a fantastic night).

Consequently, every so often a phrase or sentence crops up and I think "What a great name for our album!" I cannot remember all of the ones down through the years, but here is a selection:
  1. A Wizz Behind a Wall (the album cover is the four of us standing behind a stone-wall in the countryside, with only our head and shoulders visible. It would never get past corporate and probably cause a media circus, but if done properly...)
  2. Geeks are Gimps
  3. Another Hour and We'll Have It Well Shook (not entirely mine)
  4. Ah, Sure Tog Out Anyway (not entirely mine either)
  5. Longford
Not all of them are funny, some of them probably make you scratch your head, but I like them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home