.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Laboratory of the Mind

An experiment in embracing the blogosphere.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Palm Reading

I consider myself to be something of a fascinated skeptic when it comes to the occult.

I am naturally curious about mysticism, superstition, religion, beliefs, ancient history, mythology and all that, but I am, and always will be, a scientist.

However, I do accept it has a place. There are a lot of holes in science, but I would not waste my money on clairvoyants and farscryers. Most of them are shams.

So when I girl I know read my palm last night at a party, I was initially amused. She was quite tipsy at the time but I quickly realised she was serious. It is a family gift, it seems.

Unfortunately for my ego, a lot of what she read proved to be uncomfortably accurate. This girl and I do not know each other well, having only met a few weeks ago. So I was taken aback by her reading - a relatively accurate of my personality and history.

I would hardly be called a convert - but it certainly came as a surprise to me.

It was a good party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home