.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Laboratory of the Mind

An experiment in embracing the blogosphere.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Layer Cake

I watched this excellent British crime film again recently.

My initial opinion of the film was strongly reconfirmed. Layer Cake is excellent.

Similar in style to Vaughn's other films Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch, this film is not a caper film. Not in the slightest. In fact, while it does contain a few moments of black humour, you do not leave with a smile on your face.

Focusing on a successful London cocaine dealer, the film is not for the faint-hearted. I do not wish to spoil any of them film by revealing any of the plot, it starts with an excellent ambient track by FC Kahuna providing a background for a soliloquy for the main character - Daniel Craig in fine form.

Backed up with a fantastic soundtrack, I am seriously considering adding it to my modest DVD collection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home