.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Laboratory of the Mind

An experiment in embracing the blogosphere.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

New York

It seems that my algorithms are finally producing numbers that make sense, so I am celebrating this breakthrough by working at my office on a Saturday. Things are pretty wild down here in Westland Row. Currently, I await results from a larger simulation run, which should give me better data.

Thus, do I sit at the keyboard and LCD, so that I might concoct a topic upon which to wax lyrical. For the moment, the web is bled dry of distractions and I must kill the time.

Fortunately, the Muses smile upon me, casting my thoughts forward to September.

One of my oldest friends is getting married on September 10 in New Jersey, and I am part of the Bridal Party. It is strange to type such words... I am part of the Bridal Party.

Thus do I have an excuse for another trip to NYC, my second this year. Unfortunately constraints both temporal and financial have limited the stay to eight days or so, but I have high hopes for the holiday.

I love New York. I never get tired of going there. Walking around the sidewalks of Manhattan gives me a sensation unlike anything else. It is still a while in the future, but things like that have a habit of creeping up on you.

The other benefit is that I might be there while my cousin is there. He is going to Canada on Monday, and hits 21 years on Wednesday.

I spoke to him for the first time in about five years last night at the party in Cavan. Conversation was surprisingly easy. We saw a lot of each other as kids, but I imagined time would create distance. I was gladdened to be proved wrong.

Freely I admit the rambling nature of this article. Sometimes it is cathartic to get the jumbled mess out of your brain and articulated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home