.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Laboratory of the Mind

An experiment in embracing the blogosphere.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Something Everyone Should Do At Least Once

Step 1
Check to see if you own some kind of portable music player (MP3 player, MiniDisc, etc).

Step 2
If you possess or have access to such technology, proceed to Step 7.

Step 3
Find a person who owns such technology.

Step 4
Politely request temporary usage of it.

Step 5
If the request is agreed, proceed to Step 7.

Step 6
Mug the selfish bastard, and gleefully steal the technology (especially if it is an iPod, because they are cool). A potential long term consequence of this is a criminal record, but in my mind it is worth it.

Step 7
Repeat steps 1-6, substituting "some kind of portable music player" for "a copy of the Massive Attack album Blue Lines".

Step 8
Do whatever steps are necessary to facilitate the playing of Blue Lines on your portable music player.

Step 9
Locate a long urban street.

Step 10
Travel there ensuring the music player is in your possession.

Step 11
With headphones in and the volume at a reasonably high (but safe) level, simulataneously begin walking down the street as you begin playback of track 6.

Step 12
Walk down the street pretending you are in your own version of the music video to Unfinished Sympathy. Lip-synching is optional.

2 Comments:

At 18/5/05 13:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd give you mine, but
a) I still haven't gotten my 3 Lemon Jelly Albums back from you
and more importantly

b) I don't have this album on my I-River..


PS

 
At 16/8/05 19:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep Done it before, in galway 2 weeks ago, I had not read this article before. I was actually listening to unfinished symphony though which it what made me do it. And yes it did feel good. However I chickened out when I saw and old woman walking with a young toddler child. Today's date is the 16 of August.

Ckeaney

 

Post a Comment

<< Home