.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Laboratory of the Mind

An experiment in embracing the blogosphere.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72

I finished this excellent read just this morning. It is Hunter S. Thompson's hilarious account of the US Presidential Campaign of 1972, when Richard Nixon defeated George McGovern in a landslide victory.

Dealing primarily with the Democratic nomination chase, this book is gonzo journalism at its finest. Eschewing the standard journalistic concepts of objectivity and clarity, his account is brilliant, displaying an impressive foresight for the direction of politics in America.

I can highly recommend it.

I'm thinking I might read Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson next. I started it a few months back, but then got distracted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home