.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Laboratory of the Mind

An experiment in embracing the blogosphere.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Not the Most Flattering Insight

As I write this, I am sitting on a deckchair outside my friend's house beside the Irish Sea in Northern Ireland, trying to ignore the fact that it is quite cold.

Using the broadband connection and the joys of wireless technology, I am trying to find the location of stars in the Night Sky while my three friends work up a plethora of neck problems in the future. While of major interest to me as a child, space and astronomy has lost much of its fascination for me. I am content to type away with no stimulation but the relatively bright glare from the laptop screen and noise of the sea and my friends arguing over stars.

Naturally, I use Firefox as my web browser, and it currently has five tabs open. I am writing this on the first tab. The second tab is a webmail connection to my email address. The third is on SPACE.com. The fourth is a page found through Google detailing the "Great Summer Triangle" - the legacy of my friend's most recent information request. The fifth and final tab? The wikipedia entry for Cat Deeley.

I am sure you would love to hear more, but I have just been asked to confirm that the galaxy Andromeda has the astronomical denomination "Messier Object 31".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home