.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Laboratory of the Mind

An experiment in embracing the blogosphere.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Not Grim Up North

The more perceptive of you might notice the timestamp for this posting. It is not a mistake.

I am sitting on the couch in my friend's home in Ardglas in Co. Down, using my laptop to write this. Everyone is in bed, just me and my blog (with the first season of Scrubs on DVD keeping us company). My friend grew up here, and a few years ago we had the bright idea to visit for a weekend while his parents were away. We enjoyed it so much, it has become something of an annual tradition.

It is beautiful up here. His house is across the road from the Irish Sea. Along the coast is a lighthouse. On a dark night, the only sight visible is the flashing of that beam to a regular rhythm.

This weekend has confirmed something I suspected. I blog more often when I have internet access. While I sometimes can write articles without a connection and post them later, it is much easier to write when you have the instant gratification of seeing the article online immediately.

Tonight was fun. The lads stood out in the garden for over 30 mins, despite the chilling weather. I was very nervous bringing my laptop outside. It was so dark, the light from the LCD screen blinded me. At one point, I needed the light to stop me from tripping.

Initially, I considered the Cat Deeley wikipedia article incongruous to the astronomy sites being viewed elsewhere. In my brain, having a fantastic-looking woman on a website was completely at odds with the geek sites on the other tabs.

Of course, I quickly realised that having a woman on your web-browser while performing astronomical research is the quintessential geekdom approach to sex, so my assorted collection of websites was not as unusual as I first thought.

The reason for Cat Deeley?

Well, first of all, in all honesty, she is FINE. Well fine. With personality too.

Secondly, a datemate's friend looks like her, to the extent that whenever Ms. Deeley appears on a magazine I tell my friends that "I saw the Girl today on the cover of Kershplock." This friend appeared in our conversation tonight, she was in my thoughts, and a front lawn overlooking a lighthouse was as good a location as any to discover what Wikipedia had to say about the beautiful Brummie.

Anyway, I have a few things I want to blog about, so I expect to write a few entries over the next couple of days. Hopefully, I will manage to stay on-topic for those entries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home