.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Laboratory of the Mind

An experiment in embracing the blogosphere.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Wikipedia

Wikipedia is one of the best websites on the Internet. Free for anyone to contribute articles, I spend far too much time reading it.

Reading Wikipedia can cause trouble. Last week the Flaming Redhead got in touch at a bad time, and was confused as to why I spent the first three minutes of the IM conversation talking about the fact that some of the victims of the Lockerbie Disaster were alive and conscious while falling to the ground.

How did I get onto that article?

Bill Hicks.

One of his routines talks about the Waco Siege, which led me to Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma Bombing (McVeigh gave vengeance on the federal government for Waco as his motive for the bombing), this led me to terrorist attacks on the US, which led to Lockerbie (the worst terrorist attack on the US behind the WTC attacks in 2001).

I love Wikipedia.

I am going to read about Kerry Katona next.

4 Comments:

At 20/10/05 14:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Except, Mick, that Lockerbie is in Scotland.

Attack on Americans or American interests, yes.
Attack on the US, no.

 
At 20/10/05 14:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AND

More Americans died in the 1983 bombing of the US Marine HQ in Beirut (which you should have seen in the Lockerbie article).

Still not quite recovered from ythe vodka-poisoning, eh?

Chameleon
Bringer of Truth
Spanker of Mick

 
At 20/10/05 15:10, Blogger Gynax Gallenor said...

I meant the US as a nation rather than the land itself.

I totally failed to notice the "civilian target" caveat though that was my bad.

I also stupidly forgot that Paul is in full-on vengeance mode, so I should probably be more careful in the future.

I wouldn't want to make any misstakes now would I?

 
At 20/10/05 17:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I also stupidly forgot that Paul is in full-on vengeance mode..."

That's right, baby. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home